Chimfex® is easy to activate and easy to use! Simply follow the instructions below.
How to Activate
Note: Chimney fires can re-ignite. Larger flue systems may require more than one Chimfex® stick. We recommend keeping an additional Chimfex® on hand.
Directions for Use
- Before activating, stand in front of fireplace or wood-burning heater.
- Hold Chimfex® at the base so it extends over the fireplace hearth or fireproof stove board.
- To activate, remove top lid to expose the scratch surface on the cap. Twist and remove cap to expose the black button on Chimfex®.
- While holding Chimfex® away from your face and body, lightly scratch the black button with the surface of the cap.
- Activate Chimfex® directly in front of fireplace according to the directions above.
- Drop Chimfex® IMMEDIATELY inside the fireplace alongside the fire (not directly in the fire).
- Reduce draft as much as possible by closing fireplace doors or covering the fireplace opening with a non-flammable material, leaving the flue damper open.
- The natural draft will draw the fumes up the flue and extinguishes* the chimney fire.
For Wood-Burning Heaters:
- Activate Chimfex® directly in front of heater according to the directions above.
- Drop Chimfex® IMMEDIATELY into stove alongside the fire (not directly in the fire).
- Close air inlet controls, leaving the flue damper open.
- The natural draft will draw the generated fumes up the flue and extinguish the chimney fire.
* This device is not approved or permissible for use as an alternative for fire extinguishers in any building where fire extinguishers are required by law, ordinance or fire marshal regulation.